Winter is coming tomorrow, and at this time of the year I make all kinds of desserts at least three times a week. I know it sounds much, but with all my friends and family coming over all the time it’s enough to make everyone happy before the holidays.
I make these chocolate muffins as a base for different cupcakes. For the frosting I always use butter and powdered sugar. I usually add melted chocolate or peanut butter, but now I decided to use baked pumpkin and cinnamon to add festive taste to my desserts. And it turned out great.
These chocolate pumpkin cupcakes are easy and fast to make, taste like Christmas and can be a great choice for your Christmas celebration.
This post contains affiliate links to keep our blog up and running! We are grateful for your support!
For more information read our disclosure policy
120 g butter (softened)
100 g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
180 ml milk
120 g all purpose flour
30 g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
50 g dark chocolate chips
200 g butter (softened)
200 g powdered sugar
180 g pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 175 °C/350 F. Place muffin liners in a muffin tin
2. In a large bowl combine the butter with the brown sugar and beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing. Decrease the speed to low and add the milk
3. In another bowl mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add them gradually in the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips and mix the dough with a spoon
4. Fill the muffin liners 3/4 of the way up. Bake for 20 minutes
5. For the pumpkin frosting take a large bowl and beat softened butter with powdered sugar. Add the pumpkin puree and cinnamon and continue mixing until the mixture is homogenous
6. Take a piping bag with a nozzle, fill it with the frosting and decorate the muffins any way you like.